Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Time for a Fresh Start

It is ironic (and hilarious) that in this year of living by myself (without adult children or growing grandchildren) I have not managed to add any posts to this blog!  I thought this would be the year for monthly or even semi-monthly blogging.  The old adage says: work expands to fill the time allowed.  That has certainly been true for me.  So, it's time for a fresh start.

It's time for a fresh start in Bible reading too.  I recently preached a sermon about "the B-I-B-L-E."  God's Word is written for daily use, not just Sunday review.  How many times I have started with a daily Bible reading habit, only to have it fall by the wayside due to sickness, or commitments, or exhaustion, or neglect.  

So why not accomplish two goals in one?  Blog on the Bible!!  I have a Two Year Bible, published by Tyndale and using the New Living Translation.  Each day there is a selection from the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs.  It usually only covers 2 pages so the selections are obviously short.

My challenge is to read all 4 entries each day and write a reflection on whatever hits me that day.  Want to join me?  I'll list the 4 Bible references, then choose one to respond to.  You can just read the one I wrote about and comment, or read all of them and pick one to respond to.

No comments:

Post a Comment